Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween fast approaching

With Halloween the next big date on the calendar I've seen lots of festive pumpkins displayed everywhere I go. Young master Finley is really excited about this scary date on Monday and is looking forward to trick or treating. So to get us in the mood but of course, with a nautical nod, I've found an image or two that celebrate ghosts on board.


This Malibu Boats (@MalibuBoats) Wakesetter 21 is sitting in Tim McHales driveway for their 9th annual Halloween Party. The last 3 years they used their Wakesetter as a prop. Tim writes, "What you miss in the photo is the captain of the boat talking to you, the cannon fires with lights and smoke, and the constant smoke to set the fog on the seas"

Thank you Tim for sharing this cool and spooky photo of your Wakesetter.


And Jack the pirate pumpkin appears courtesy of Greenboats.blogspot.com 

What many of you won't know is that immediately following Halloween on 31st is Melbourne Cup day, when the race that stops a nation will be taking place on the 1st Tuesday in November.

All of Australia will break at race time and sit glued to a telly screen with a betting slip or sweepstake stub in their hand, wishing their nag across the 1500metre finish line. This year I'll be at the office get-together, a glass of bubbly in one hand and morsel of sushi in the other. Hopefully with the winning ticket too.

In the meantime I'm getting into the Halloween spirit and shall add a new piece to my art arsenal tomorrow featuring my favourite of the moment, skulls. Talking of which I shall finish with my wishlist piece... this magnificent Alexander McQueen clutch, one of many clutch bag variations at the haut couture label. Love Love Love it...





No comments:

Post a Comment