Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stars on Sunday

Hi everyone


I've got together a couple of wonderful prints from the amazingly talented illustrator and print maker James Brown of General Pattern. 


His style has been an inspiration for my new collection of prints. The first of which is "You're a Star".






I first came across his work in London last year when I made a dash into Liberty's to see what wonderful patterned fabrics Liberty's had in store.


In their furnishings and living department I came across James' screen prints hanging on the wall - what particularly caught my eye is his talent for capturing the style and character of old styles of posters. 




Here's some of his other works which really elaborate on vintage typography and poster illustration.




Take a look here



Have a great weekend.










1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, Beck! They really are fabulous and we love your newest "You're a Star" creation. Well done.

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete